Friday, August 13, 2021

Compared to Christ

Read:  Psalm 119:33-40 / Proverbs 13 / Judges 14 / Mat. 12 

 

Psalm 119:34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

Proverbs 13:1,8 A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke… The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.

Judges 14:19 And the Spirit of the LORD came upon him [Samson], and he went down to Ashkelon... and he went up to his father's house.

Matthew 12:41,42 Behold, a greater than Jonas is here…  Behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

 

The more God gives me understanding,

The fuller is my heart’s surrender. 

The verdict stands and is demanding:

There’s none like Christ, my soul’s Defender!

 

Among the names that I recall,

Like Samson, Jonah, Solomon,

My Lord is greater than them all; 

To Christ there’s no comparison!  

 


No comments: