Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Long as I shall Live

Read:  Psalm 119:129-136 / Proverbs 25 / 1 Sam. 1 / Mat. 24

 

Psalm 119:133 Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

Proverbs 25:6,28 Put not forth thyself in the presence of the king… He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

1 Samuel 1:27-28 For this child I prayed… Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshiped the LORD there.

Matthew 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

 

I thank the Lord for His dominion,

Lest I be ruled instead by sin,

Or by humanity’s opinion,

Or by my wayward heart within. 

 

As long as I shall live on earth,

I’ll love the Lord who first loved me.

He died to give me my new birth;

I’ll live to praise Him gratefully. 

 


No comments: