Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Lend My Ears and Lift My Eyes

Read:  Psalm 119:73-80 / Proverbs 18 / Judges 19 / Mat. 17 

 

Psalm 119:73 Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.

Proverbs 18:1,2 Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom. A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.

Judges 19:30 And it was so, that all that saw it said, There was no such deed done nor seen… consider of it, take advice, and speak your minds.

Matthew 17:5,8 This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him… And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

 

The God who fashioned me has spoken,

Though many do not seem to care. 

His promises were never broken;

No other counsel can compare.

 

No other teaching is so wise

As my Creator’s master plan. 

I’ll lend my ears and lift my eyes

To Jesus only, not to man. 

 


No comments: