Sunday, August 08, 2021

Choosing Christ

Read:  Psalm 118 / Proverbs 8 / Judges 9 / Matthew 7

 

Psalm 118:28,29 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever.

Proverbs 8:35,36 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD. But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Judges 9:12,14 Then said the trees unto the vine, Come thou, and reign over us… Then said all the trees unto the bramble, Come thou, and reign over us.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction.

 

The choice is plain:  I will not halt

Between decisions others make. 

Christ is my God, whom I exalt,

Though others make their great mistake. 

 

Though all the forest of the trees

May choose the bramble, not the Vine,

I’ve chosen Christ, whom I will please,

For I am His, and He is Mine. 

 


No comments: