Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Meditate on the Memory

Read:  Psalm 119:9-16 / Proverbs 10 / Judges 11 / Mat. 9

 

Psalm 119:15,16 I will meditate in thy precepts… I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

Proverbs 10:2,7,22 Treasures of wickedness profit nothing: but righteousness delivereth from death… The memory of the just is blessed… The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich.

Judges 11:40 The daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

Matthew 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

 

How sweet it is to meditate

Upon my Shepherd and my Savior,

As I consider love so great

That motivated His behavior. 

 

The memory of my Lord is blest

That makes me love Him more and more.

His great compassion is my rest

That I forever will explore. 

 


No comments: