Thursday, August 12, 2021

Refuge and Rest

Read:  Psalm 119:25-32 / Proverbs 12 / Judges 13 / Mat. 11 

 

Psalm 119:25,31 My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word… I have stuck unto thy testimonies.

Proverbs 12:26 The righteous is more excellent than his neighbor: but the way of the wicked seduceth them.

Judges 13:24,25 Samson [Heb. Sunlight]… grew, and the LORD blessed him. And the Spirit of the LORD began to move him. 

Matthew 11:28,29 Come unto me… Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

 

My soul at times to dust will cleave,

Yet to the Word of God I cling. 

His Word is light, so I will leave

The darkness that obscures my King. 

 

Beware!  Though Samson had been blest,

He then was hindered by seduction. 

Christ is my Refuge and my Rest

From vain distraction and destruction. 

 


No comments: