Friday, August 27, 2021

Failure we should Fear

Read:  Psalm 119:145-152 / Proverbs 27 / 1 Sam. 3 / Mat. 26 

 

Psalm 119:150,151 They draw nigh that follow after mischief… Thou art near… all thy commandments are truth.

Proverbs 27:11 My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.

1 Samuel 3:19,21 And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground… The LORD revealed himself to Samuel… by the word of the LORD.

Matthew 26:7,10 A woman having… very precious ointment… poured it on his head… Jesus… said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.

 

The mischief makers now draw near;

But God is near, whom we proclaim. 

The only failure we should fear

Is a reproach upon His name. 

 

Let us be found like Samuel,

Who was instructed by the Lord. 

Like Mary let us be as well,

Who worshiped Christ with ointment poured. 

 

 

No comments: