Sunday, August 22, 2021

My King and My Kin

Read:  Psalm 119:105-112 / Proverbs 22 / Ruth 2 / Mat. 21

 

Psalm 119:111 Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage forever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart.

Proverbs 22:1 A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favor rather than silver and gold.

Ruth 2:12,20 The LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust… is near of kin unto us.

Matthew 21:5,42 Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek… The stone which the builders rejected… is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing… marvelous in our eyes.

 

My heart rejoices in my King

And in His wondrous reputation.

Who else but Christ could ever bring

The riches of so great salvation?

 

Behold, my King who bore my sin,

The Man of Sorrows men despise!

To save me He became my Kin;

This is amazing in my eyes!  

 


No comments: