Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Confident in His Care

"By this I know that Thou favorest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me. And as for me, Thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before Thy face forever" (Psalm 41:11,12). "Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?" (Proverbs 20:24). "Casting all your care on Him, for He careth for you. Be sober; be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:7,8).

By this I know I have God's favor
For time and for eternity:
He took my place and did not waver
To stand against my enemy.

By this I know my Savior's love:
He now upholds me by His grace,
And I shall dwell with Him above,
And there I'll see Him face to face.

By this I know and understand
That God determines what is best:
He holds me firmly in His hand,
He cares for me, and I am blest.

By this I know God's saving power:
The devil lurks on every side
And as a lion would devour,
If not for Christ, in whom we hide.

By this I know, O Lord, You care:
You heard my humble supplication,
You answered me in my despair,
And clothed me in Your great salvation!

No comments: