Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Refreshing our Remembrance

"They continually say unto me, Where is thy God? When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me.... Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted in me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance" (Psalm 42:3-5). "I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things.... We were eyewitnesses of His majesty.... We also have a more sure word of prophecy" (2 Peter 1:12-19).

We ought to often think about
The reasons we believe,
That we may thus dispel the doubt
Forgetfulness can weave.

On every side we hear the chants:
"Where is your God?" they say.
Be careful in this circumstance
To not be led astray!

We shouldn't be found negligent
By failing to recall
The facts which are so evident
Displayed before us all!

Among this evidence we see
The witnesses we know
Who clearly saw Christ's majesty,
Both friend as well as foe!

The EMPTY tomb, we call to mind,
Attended by the guard,
Is hard to miss unless you're blind,
And even then it's hard!

We shouldn't pass by prophecy,
God's "more sure" Word of grace
Wherein was written history
Before events took place!

Then why now, O my downcast soul,
Should you be now depressed?
Remember God is in control,
As witnesses attest!

Lord, thank You for Your holy Word
In which we hear Your voice
That renders every doubt absurd,
And calls us to rejoice!

4 comments:

Doc MacKay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doc MacKay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doc MacKay said...

God's Word continues to reveal itself to me and He has obviously chosen you to do so Bro. Dave. Glory to God!

Quiet Time Poems said...

Great to see you on the Blogger! Thank you for your continued encouragement and fellowship, Brother Gary! It's like mountain climbing and looking at the glorious view together! (I thought you might be able to relate to that illustration better than most!) God bless you, brother, as you continue to glorify Him.