Saturday, September 05, 2020

Word and Work

Read:  Psalm 119:25-32 / Proverbs 5 / Ezekiel 9 / 2 Thes. 2

 

Psalm 119:25,31 My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word… I have stuck unto thy testimonies.

Proverbs 5:7 Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.

Ezekiel 9:4 The LORD said… Set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations. 

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God… stablish you in every good word and work.

 

My soul at times may cleave to dust,

But I am sticking to God’s Word. 

The promises of God I’ll trust,

For dust has never long endured. 

 

I see the great abomination

Of sins that in our day increase.

The word and work of God’s salvation

Is still His only path to peace.  

 


No comments: