Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Hearts to Hear

Read:  Psalm 119:169-176 / Proverbs 23 / Ezekiel 27 / Heb. 3

 

Psalm 119:176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

Proverbs 23:26 My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

Ezekiel 27:32 What city is like Tyrus…destroyed in… the sea?

Hebrews 3:7,8 Wherefore, as the Holy Ghost saith, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness. 

 

All we like sheep have gone astray,

As even now we’re prone to do.

Let’s give our hearts to God today

As His perfection fills our view.  

 

The judgment day of God draws near,

But hardened hearts dismiss His warning. 

Let’s pray for softened hearts to hear

The Gospel truth that fools are scorning.  

 

 

No comments: