Sunday, September 27, 2020

Eyes on the End

Read:  Psalm 123 / Proverbs 27 / Ezekiel 31 / Hebrews 7

 

Psalm 123:1 Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.

Proverbs 27:11 My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.

Ezekiel 31:10-11 Because thou hast lifted up thyself… I have driven him out for his wickedness… This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

 

To God above I lift my eyes

Where He is ruling on His throne. 

I hear Him call me to be wise

By pleasing Him, and Him alone.

 

I see the great destructive end

Of Pharaoh’s pride in his transgression.

I’m trusting Christ who will defend

The humble by His intercession.   

 

 

No comments: