Sunday, September 06, 2020

Looking and Laboring

Read:  Psalm 119:33-40 / Proverbs 6 / Ezekiel 10 / 2 Thes. 3

 

Psalm 119:37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

Ezekiel 10:1,14 Then I looked… the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

2 Thessalonians 3:5,13 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ… But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

 

The Lord will turn away my eyes

From looking at the vanity

That would destroy me otherwise

By sin that plagues humanity.

 

I’m looking at my Savior’s face,

And I shall not be weary now,

For as I labor by His grace,

I’ll run with strength He will endow.  

 

 

No comments: