Saturday, September 19, 2020

Judgment Cup of Jesus Christ

Read:  Psalm 119:137-144 / Proverbs 19 / Ezek.23 / Titus 3 

 

Psalm 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Proverbs 19:21 There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless, the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Ezekiel 23:28,31,32 Thus saith the Lord GOD… I give her cup into thine hand… deep and large: thou shalt be laughed to scorn and had in derision; it containeth much.

Titus 3:5-7 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us… being justified by his grace… according to the hope of eternal life.

 

The righteousness of God shall stand

Which He imputes to me by grace. 

The cup of wrath in Jesus’ hand

Contained the judgment I should face. 

 

It was by mercy that He drank

That cup of judgment deep and full. 

O may I live my life to thank

And worship Christ who saved my soul!  

 


No comments: