Thursday, September 24, 2020

Poisoned by Pride

Read:  Psalm 120 / Proverbs 24 / Ezekiel 28 / Hebrews 4

 

Psalm 120:1,2 In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me. Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips.

Proverbs 24:14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.

Ezekiel 28:16-17 O covering cherub… Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom.

Hebrews 4:16 Come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

 

I came to Christ by humble prayer;

He rescued me with His salvation. 

I cast upon Him every care;

His truth secured my liberation. 

 

Corruption enters by deceit

When hearts are poisoned by their pride,

But Satan hastens his retreat

When humble hearts to Christ have cried.   

 

 

No comments: