Friday, September 04, 2020

Longing for the Light

Read:  Psalm 119:17-24 / Proverbs 4 / Ezekiel 8 / 2 Thess. 1

 

Psalm 119:18,20 Open thou mine eyes… My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times.

Proverbs 4:18,19 The path of the just is as the shining light that shineth more and more unto the perfect day…  The way of the wicked is as darkness.

 Ezekiel 8:12 Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients… do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery?

2 Thessalonians 1:10 He shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe. 

 

My soul is longing for the light

That God will give to see my Savior

Until His beauty fills my sight

And shines, as well, in my behavior.

 

The light grows brighter for the just,

But for the lost, the darkness grows. 

How needful, then, it is to trust

The guiding light His Word bestows.  

 


No comments: