Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Supreme Solace


"Say unto my soul, I am thy Salvation… and my tongue shall speak of Thy righteousness and of Thy praise all the day long" (Psalm 35:3,28).  "The curse causeless shall not come" (Proverbs 26:2).  "Be not afraid… for I am with you to save you… and I will show mercies unto you" (Jeremiah 42:11,12).  "God… hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling… I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day" (2 Timothy 1:8,9,12). 

There is no solace so supreme
As that which Christ our Savior gives. 
He died for souls He would redeem;  
We know that our Redeemer lives!   

We were condemned by righteous laws,
For which our Lord and Savior died. 
The curse no longer has a cause;
His righteousness is satisfied! 

"For I am with you," He has said,
To give you life abundantly. 
Our Lord is risen from the dead,
Whom, face to face, we soon shall see! 

Your solace, Lord, that we've received
Supremely satisfies our ear!
We know You, whom we have believed,
And You have promised to be near.  


No comments: