Thursday, July 13, 2017

Expected End


"They pierced My hands and My feet… I will declare Thy name unto My brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise Thee… All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before Thee… They shall come, and shall declare His righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that He hath done this" (Psalm 22:16,22,27,31).  "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end" (Jeremiah 29:11). 

Our Savior knew He would be killed
To offer us His full salvation. 
The prophecies would be fulfilled
Which had announced this expectation. 

A thousand years before the nails
Had pierced our Savior's hands and feet,
The psalmist wrote of these details
Which Jesus knew He would complete. 

The earth shall know what Jesus did  
When He shall come again to reign. 
The prophecies shall not be hid
Which had declared He would be slain. 

O Lord, we have no greater Friend
Than You, which You have proven well! 
You purchased our expected end
In heaven, saving us from hell. 


No comments: