Sunday, July 30, 2017

Musing in Silence, Moved to Speak


"I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue… while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue" (Psalm 39:1,3).  "Every word of God is pure: He is a Shield unto them that put their trust in Him" (Proverbs 30:5).  "Pharaoh king of Egypt is but a noise; he hath passed the time appointed" (Jeremiah 46:17).  "Holding fast the faithful Word… convince the gainsayers.  For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers… whose mouths must be stopped" (Titus 1:9-11).   

There is a time I ought to speak;
There is a time when I should muse. 
The Lord will move me as I seek
To do whatever He will choose. 

I am reminded of the treasure
Of every word of God I hold. 
Should I hold back in any measure
The truth I know that should be told? 

As Pharaoh's boasting was but noise,
The same is true of the deceivers  
Whose message nonetheless destroys
The confidence of weak believers. 

Move me to speak, O Lord, today
While musing in the silence first,
That You may teach me what to say
To those who for the truth will thirst. 


No comments: