Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Burning in my Bones


"I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation" (Psalm 13:5,6).  "The path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.  The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble" (Proverbs 4:18,19).  "I said, I will not make mention of Him, nor speak any more in His name.  But His Word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay" (Jeremiah 20:9).  "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21).

I've trusted in the only Savior;
In His salvation I rejoice. 
I shall declare His loving favor
As long as I may lift my voice. 

His path is as the shining light
And as a fire in my bones,
For God has seen the sinner's plight,
And He has heard their  hopeless groans. 

Shall I forebear to speak God's Word
To those approaching condemnation? 
Should not my heart instead be stirred
To show the way of His salvation? 

O Lord, give me a heart discerning
With words in season that explain
The Gospel in my bones yet burning:  
To live is Christ; to die is gain.  


No comments: