Friday, July 07, 2017

Pleasant Places


"The LORD is the Portion of mine inheritance… The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.  I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel" (Psalm 16:5-7).  "My son, keep My words… and My law as the apple of thine eye" (Proverbs 7:1,2).  "He that hath My Word, let him speak My Word faithfully" (Jeremiah 23:28).  "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true… honest… just… pure… lovely… of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things" (Philippians 4:8). 

How pleasantly the lines now fall
That mark my blessings, line by line:
In Jesus Christ, I have it all,
Since I am His, and He is mine! 

I have the counsel of My Lord,
The words of truth that make me free. 
In keeping them, there's great reward. 
I'm called to speak them faithfully. 

His words are a refreshing well
From which my soul may freely drink. 
These blessings, more than one can tell,
Are mine as on His Word I think. 

O Lord, how pleasant are the places
That You have called me to explore!
My heart with gratitude embraces
This heritage forevermore!  


No comments: