Friday, July 14, 2017

Hope Hereafter


"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me… Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever" (Psalm 23:4,6).  "The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death" (Proverbs 14:32).  "Now God Himself… stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness… at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints" (1 Thessalonians 3:11,13).   

The great assurance that we know
Is found in fellowship with God:  
In life and death He shall bestow
His comfort by His staff and rod. 

This comfort only comes to those
Who know the Shepherd as their Savior.
For us He suffered, died, arose,
And lives to lead us with His favor. 

Alas!  The wicked shall be driven
Away from Christ, whom they rejected. 
Salvation has been freely given,
Yet still by many is neglected. 

Our hope hereafter is in view,
O Lord, for You have purged our shame. 
With all Your saints who trust in You,
We find our refuge in Your name.  


No comments: