Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Manner toward Man

“Then went king David in, and sat before the LORD, and he said, Who am I, O Lord GOD? and what is my house, that Thou hast brought me hitherto?... And is this the manner of man, O Lord GOD?  And what can David say more unto Thee? for Thou, Lord GOD, knowest Thy servant.  For Thy word's sake, and according to Thine own heart, hast Thou done all these great things, to make Thy servant know them.  Wherefore Thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like Thee” (2 Samuel 7:18-22).  “And without controversy, great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory” (1 Timothy 3:16).

Who and what am I, Lord God,
That You have brought me hitherto?
You surely know that I am flawed
In what I think, and say, and do.

Is this Your manner shown to man,
To manifest to us Your love?
We sit astonished at Your plan
Which brought salvation from above!

O Lord, what more can now be said
In view of what You have revealed?
For we, who once in sin were dead,
Are raised in Christ, by whom we’re healed.

No comments: