Monday, August 27, 2012

Hallowed House

And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before Me:  I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put My name there forever; and Mine eyes and Mine heart shall be there perpetually” (1 Kings 9:3).  “My son, be wise, and make My heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth Me” (Proverbs 27:11). 

I know that God received my prayer
Regarding my salvation.
I cried to Him in my despair;
He heard my supplication.

He made His dwelling place in me,
And hallowed me within.
He cleansed me from iniquity
And took away my sin.

He satisfied my longing heart
And said He’d never leave.
What more, then, could my Lord impart?
What more could I receive?

But now the question turns around:
What now do I withhold?
What has the Lord now searched and found?
A heart too often cold?

Should not I seek to make Him glad
With living that is wise?
Am I unmoved when He is sad
By sins He must despise?

Lord, make my heart Your holy throne,
Your hallowed dwelling place,
Your temple cleansed, and polished stone
Wherein You show Your grace.

No comments: