Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Comparing Crowns

“Receive… knowledge rather than choice gold.  For wisdom is better… all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it” (Proverbs 8:10,11).  “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:  henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing” (2 Timothy 4:7,8). 

Going for gold, in Olympic game terms,
Requires an uncompromised dedication:
But when all that glory is eaten by worms,
There’s glory far better than gold in salvation.

Thank God for Olympic contestants today
Who know that the glory belongs to the Lord.
Praise God for the platform it gives them to say
The glory of God is their greatest reward.

O Lord, help us strive for the crown, by Your grace,
That henceforth is laid up to cast at Your feet
For fighting the good fight, for running the race,
And keeping the faith till our course is complete.

No comments: