Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Enlightened on Enlargement

“Behold, the half was not told me:  thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard” (1 Kings 10:7).  “My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken Thou me according to Thy Word... Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me Thy law graciously… I will run the way of Thy commandments, when Thou shalt enlarge my heart” (Psalm 119:25-32).

My heart shall surely be enlarged,
If not for God, for lies and lust.
May God forbid that I be charged
With cleaving vainly to the dust!

Remove from me the way of lying;
Enlarge my heart for truth instead.
The Word of God is testifying,
So let me heed what God has said.

O may the Lord enlarge His space
Within my heart yet more and more,
That I may learn more of His grace:
The half has not been told before!

His fame and wisdom far exceed
The things I’ve understood and heard.
Much less of me is what I need,
Yet more of Christ and of His Word.

In light of what You’ve said and done,
I want to know You, Lord, more still.
Enlarge my heart that I may run
To know You more and do Your will.

No comments: