Friday, October 28, 2022

Passover made Plain

Read:  Psalm 51 / Proverbs 28 / Ezekiel 45 / 1 Tim. 3

 

Psalm 51:7,10 ~ Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow… Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Proverbs 28:13 ~ He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Ezekiel 45:21 ~ In the first month, in the fourteenth day of the month, ye shall have the passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten.

1 Timothy 3:16 ~ And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

 

 

The hyssop that made David clean

Referred to Christ, our Paschal Lamb,

The promised Seed who was foreseen

Who would descend from Abraham.

 

Our great Passover Lamb was slain

That sinners might be justified.

The mystery is thus made plain:

To ransom rebels, Jesus died. 

 


No comments: