Sunday, October 16, 2022

Living for the Lord

Read:  Psalm 39 / Proverbs 16 / Ezekiel 33 /Colossians 3

 

Psalm 39:7 ~ Now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.

Proverbs 16:6 ~ By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Ezekiel 33:10,11 ~ Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us… how should we then live?...  As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live.

Colossians 3:2 ~ Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

 

My hope is in the Lord alone

By whom iniquity was purged.

I’m living now to make Him known,

Persuading those whom I have urged.

 

I’ll tell them of my Savior’s love

Who died to rescue them from death.

I’ll set my heart on things above

As long as He shall give me breath. 

 


No comments: