Saturday, July 16, 2022

The Sacrifice that Satisfied

Read:  Psalm 118 / Proverbs 16 / Isaiah 64 / John 21

 

Psalm 118:21,27 ~ I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation… God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.

Proverbs 16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Isaiah 64:6 ~ But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

John 21:7,12 ~ That disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord… Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine.

 

The Lord has heard my supplication,

And He became the Sacrifice

To rescue me from condemnation;

His death has satisfied the price.

 

The Law declared my soul unclean,

But Jesus bids me come and dine

Because He came to intervene

And cleanse a sinful soul like mine

 


No comments: