Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Cleave to Christ

Read:  Psalm 119:81-88 / Proverbs 27 / Jer. 9 / Acts 11

 

Psalm 119:83,88 ~ For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget thy statutes… Quicken me after thy lovingkindness; so shall I keep the testimony of thy mouth.

Proverbs 27:11 ~ My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.

Jeremiah 9:23,24 ~ Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me.

Acts 11:23 ~ When he [Barnabas]… had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.

 

Deceit, like smoke, obscures our view,

And things increasingly are strange,

But Christ has proven He is true,

And through the years, He does not change.

 

So let us trust Him more and more

And grow in grace as we believe

The risen Savior we adore,

To whom we purposely should cleave. 

 


No comments: