Friday, July 08, 2022

Comprehending the Completion

Read:  Psalm 110 / Proverbs 08 / Isaiah 56 / John 13

 

Psalm 110:1 ~ The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Proverbs 8:35,36 ~ For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD. But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Isaiah 56:8 ~ The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

John 13:12 ~ So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?

 

Our Lord sat down at God’s right hand

With Satan bruised beneath His feet. 

This was the triumph that He planned

By which salvation was complete.

 

As we rejoice in how it ended,

We hear our Savior ask anew

His question scarcely comprehended:

“Know ye what I have done to you?”  

 


No comments: