Friday, July 29, 2022

Reason we Realize

Read:  Psalm 119:97-104 / Proverbs 29 / Jer. 11 / Acts 13

 

Psalm 119:99,100 ~ I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.

Proverbs 29:13 ~ The poor and the deceitful man meet together: the LORD lighteneth both their eyes.

Jeremiah 11:18 ~ And the LORD hath given me knowledge of it, and I know it: then thou shewedst me their doings.

Acts 13:47 ~ For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

 

The reason that we understand

What ancients did not realize

Is that we treasure God’s command

Who, by His Gospel, makes us wise. 

 

The Lord has shown us what is right;

His counsel is our meditation.

In darkness we will shine His light

As we proclaim His great salvation. 

 


No comments: