Thursday, July 07, 2022

Adversary vs. Advocate

Read:  Psalm 109 / Proverbs 07 / Isaiah 55 / John 12

 

Psalm 109:30,31 ~ I will greatly praise the LORD… For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.

Proverbs 7:24,27 ~ Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth… Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.

Isaiah 55:6,7 ~ Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near… for he will abundantly pardon.

John 12:31,32 ~ Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

 

My adversary shouts his claim

As he demands my condemnation.

My Advocate (O praise His name!)

Declares He purchased my salvation.

 

The time to seek the Lord is here,

For He abundantly will pardon.

Beware, as judgment now draws near: 

The heart that will not turn will harden.  

 


No comments: