Saturday, July 09, 2022

Scorn of Skeptics

Read:  Psalm 111 / Proverbs 09 / Isaiah 57 / John 14

 

Psalm 111:10 ~ The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth forever.

Proverbs 9:10,12 ~ The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding…If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.

Isaiah 57:19,21 ~ I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near… and I will heal him… There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

John 14:27 ~ Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

 

The fear of the God that makes us wise

With understanding that He gives 

Affirms that, though the body dies,

The human spirit ever lives.

 

The scorn of skeptics soon shall cease

When they shall stand before God’s throne. 

The only way to find God’s peace

Is found in trusting Christ alone. 

 


No comments: