Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Reason and the Ransom

Read:  Psalm 115 / Proverbs 13 / Isaiah 61 / John 18

 

Psalm 115:1 ~ Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.

Proverbs 13:8,15,17 ~ The ransom of a man's life are his riches… Good understanding giveth favor… A faithful ambassador is health.

Isaiah 61:1 ~ The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings.

John 18:37 ~ Jesus answered… for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

 

Not to ourselves should we give glory,

But to our gracious God and Savior.

We preach the wondrous Gospel story

That will impart His saving favor!  

 

This is the reason Jesus came:

To offer every soul the choice

To find the ransom all may claim, 

And those who do shall hear His voice. 

 


No comments: