Monday, October 11, 2021

Wrong about Wrath

Read:  Psalm 11 / Proverbs 11 / 2 Samuel 17 / John 3

 

Psalm 11:1,4 In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?... The LORD'S throne is in heaven… his eyelids try, the children of men.

Proverbs 11:7 When a wicked man dieth, his expectation shall perish: and the hope of unjust men perisheth.

2 Samuel 17:14 The LORD had appointed to defeat the good counsel of Ahithophel, to… bring evil upon Absalom.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

 

I need not flee as birds have flown

To find a place where I may hide,

For Christ is still upon His throne,

And by Him every heart is tried.

 

The wicked have an expectation

That none shall judge their evil path.

They’re wrong about their condemnation,

For they shall not escape God’s wrath. 

 

 

No comments: