Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Clean through Christ

Read:  Psalm 20 / Proverbs 20 / 1 Kings 2 / John 12

 

Psalm 20:6 Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

Proverbs 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

1 Kings 2:1,2 Now the days of David drew nigh that he should die; and he charged Solomon his son… I go the way of all the earth: be thou strong therefore, and shew thyself a man.

John 12:35 Jesus said… Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

 

The Lord said He would intervene 

To rescue us by His Anointed.

No one but Christ could make us clean,

And to this end, He was appointed.

 

Though we are sinners from our birth,

Our Lord gives peace amid the strife,

For though we die, like all the earth,

Through Christ we have eternal life. 

 


No comments: