Friday, October 08, 2021

Majesty and Mercy

Read:  Psalm 8 / Proverbs 8 / 2 Samuel 14 / Luke 24

 

Psalm 8:3,4 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers… which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Proverbs 8:23,31 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was… Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

2 Samuel 14:32,33 Absalom answered… if there be any iniquity in me, let him kill me... and the king kissed Absalom.

Luke 24:44,45 Things must be fulfilled which were written… concerning me.  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures. 

 

When we consider all creation

That magnifies Christ’s majesty,

We marvel that He brought salvation

By dying in humility!

 

Iniquity condemned us all,

Yet for our sake the Lord was smitten!

Behold His mercy and recall

That He fulfilled the Scriptures written. 

 


No comments: