Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Remedy of Reproof

Read:  Psalm 6 / Proverbs 6 / 2 Samuel 12 / Luke 22


Psalm 6:2 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

2 Samuel 12:7 And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man.

Luke 22:31-32 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

 

The Lord’s reproof that we have heard

Should make us pray with urgency

For healing promised in His Word;

This is God’s gracious remedy.

 

Reproof was heard in David’s case,

And Peter heard it from the Lord. 

Our Savior intercedes with grace

That we may likewise be restored. 

 


No comments: