Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Song amid Sorrow

Read:  Psalm 13 / Proverbs 13 / 2 Samuel 19 / John 5 

 

Psalm 13:6 I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

Proverbs 13:8 The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.

2 Samuel 19:2 And the victory that day was turned into mourning unto all the people: for the people heard say that day how the king was grieved for his son.

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

John 5:20,37 For the Father loveth the Son… And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. 

 

My God and Father hears my song

That celebrates the victory

Of Jesus Christ, who suffered long

In sorrow when He died for me. 

 

The Father’s grief, so very deep,

Was more than anyone could measure,

And yet, to rescue straying sheep,

Christ’s bruising gave the Father pleasure! 

 


No comments: