Sunday, October 24, 2021

Changeless Cheer

Read:  Psalm 24 / Proverbs 24 / 1 Kings 6 / John 16 

 

Psalm 24:1,2 The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.

Proverbs 24:3 Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established.

1 Kings 6:11,12 The word of the LORD came to Solomon…  Concerning this house which thou art in building, if thou wilt walk in my statutes… and keep all my commandments to walk in them; then will I perform my word with thee.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

 

The earth belongs to Jesus Christ,

The Lord and Maker of creation,

Who for our sake was sacrificed

To thereby purchase our salvation. 

 

His Word is truth and shall not cease,

Though earth and heaven disappear,

For Christ, who is our changeless Peace,

Extends to us eternal cheer. 

 


No comments: