Friday, October 29, 2021

Foolishly Forsaken

Read:  Psalm 29 / Proverbs 29 / 1 Kings 11 / John 21

 

Psalm 29:2 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

Proverbs 29:26 Many seek the ruler's favor; but every man's judgment cometh from the LORD.

1 Kings 11:31,33 Thus saith the LORD… I will rend the kingdom out of the hand of Solomon… they have forsaken me… and have not walked in my ways… as did David.

John 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

 

Give God the glory He is due,

Regardless of what others say.

We dare not otherwise pursue

A ruler’s favor, come what may. 

 

Since we are prone to be mistaken,

We need God’s truth to make us see

When we have foolishly forsaken

The Lord who says to “Follow Me.” 

 


No comments: