Sunday, October 17, 2021

When I Wake

Read:  Psalm 17 / Proverbs 17 / 2 Samuel 23 / John 9

 

Psalm 17:14,15 Men of the world… have their portion in this life. As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

2 Samuel 23:5 He hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered… and sure: for this is all my salvation.

John 9:25 He answered and said… one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

 

When I awake I shall behold

The beauty of my Savior’s face, 

Yet while I live, I would be bold

To tell the Gospel of His grace.

 

When life on earth comes to an end

With all of its adversity,

I’ll see my everlasting Friend 

Who gave Himself to rescue me. 

 


No comments: