Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Pursue His Purpose

Read:  Psalm 13 / Proverbs 19 / Isaiah 23 /John 12

Psalm 13:5,6 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
Proverbs 19:20,23 Be wise in thy latter end... The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
Isaiah 23:9 The LORD of hosts hath purposed it, to stain the pride of all glory, and to bring into contempt all the honorable of the earth.
John 12:35,46 Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light… I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

There surely is a latter end
To every purpose we pursue.
With godly fear, let us intend
To please the Lord in all we do.

There’s just a little while until
The Lord of hosts shall stain all pride. 
As we are walking in His will,
The light of Christ shall be our guide.  


No comments: