Sunday, May 17, 2020

Foolish Flight

Read:  Psalm 11 / Proverbs 17 / Isaiah 21 /John 10

Psalm 11:1 In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?
Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
Isaiah 21:10 That which I have heard of the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, have I declared unto you.
John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

There is a foolish call I hear:
Take flight now as a bird and flee!
I trust the Lord.  Why should I fear?
The Lord is watching over me. 

Let sinners rather run to hide
And find in Christ a Hiding Place!
How foolish is the rebel’s pride
That blinds him to his need of grace!  


No comments: