Sunday, September 06, 2015

Secret Sin


"O LORD my God, I cried unto Thee, and Thou hast healed me" (Psalm 30:2).  "For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life" (Proverbs 6:23).  "Teach My people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean" (Ezekiel 44:23).  "Cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also" (Matthew 23:26). 

I cried to God who healed me,
But first He showed me I was ill,
For there were times I could not see
That I was outside of His will.

The Word of God has been my light,
Reproving me with His instruction,
That I may follow what is right
And turn away from vain seduction. 

As I discern between the holy
And that which God has called profane,
I see my Savior, meek and lowly,
By His example, make it plain.   

Lord, speaking of the cup and platter,
You illustrated hearts within.    
As I discern this crucial matter,
Deliver me from secret sin.  


No comments: