Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Straight Thinking vs. Strange Thing


"Behold, God is mine Helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul" (Psalm 54:4).  "Every word of God is pure: He is a Shield unto them that put their trust in Him" (Proverbs 30:5).  "I have written to him [Ephraim] the great things of My Law, but they were counted as a strange thing" (Hosea 8:12).  "As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make His paths straight" (Luke 3:4). 

I see the great reality
That God has come to save my soul. 
His truth alone has made me free,
And His salvation makes me whole. 

His every word is truly pure,  
And those who trust Him, He will shield.
Though some may count His Word obscure,
His proven truth is not concealed. 

The Word of God is clear and straight
Though rebel sinners count it strange. 
The Word we love, they choose to hate
Because, like God, it does not change. 

O Lord, Isaiah clearly wrote
Prophetic truth that You fulfilled. 
Your way is straight in every quote;
Let those who count it strange be stilled.  


No comments: