Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Eyes, Ears, and Earnestness


"Thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes" (Psalm 26:3).  "IF thou... receive My words... hide My commandments... incline thine ear...  apply thine heart... criest after knowledge... liftest up thy voice... seekest... and searchest for her as for hid treasures, THEN shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:1-5).   "Behold with thine eyes, and hear with thine ears, and set thine heart upon all that I shall shew thee" (Ezekiel 40:4).  "Come and follow Me" (Matthew 19:21).   

The love of Christ is manifested
Before my eyes, my ears, and heart.
My earnestness is also tested
To purify my inward part.   

I see the list of qualifiers
Which God has placed as a condition,
Exposing thus my true desires
And earnestness of my submission. 

If I receive my Lord's command,
Incline my ears and heart to hear,
Cry out and search to understand,
I'll find His knowledge and His fear.

My eyes, my ears, and earnestness,
O Lord, now yearn to follow You.
Revive within me nothing less
Than full surrender in Your view. 


No comments: