Monday, September 14, 2015

Confidence in Christ


"In Thee, O LORD, do I hope: Thou wilt hear, O Lord my God... Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation" (Psalm 38:15,22).  "In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence... The righteous hath hope in his death" (Proverbs 14:26,32).  "I... praise and extol and honor the King of heaven... those that walk in pride He is able to abase" (Daniel 4:37).  "No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house" (Mark 3:27). 

In Christ I have my confidence;
He bids me cast on Him my care. 
I know He is my strong Defense;
I know that He will hear my prayer. 

He is the Lord of my salvation.
He is my Hope at last in death. 
He is the King of all creation
From whom I have my life and breath. 

Though many stand on every side
Who mock the Christ and spurn His grace,
All those who choose to walk in pride
The Lord is able to abase. 

O Christ, my confidence is found
In knowing how You rescued me:   
I've seen the foe that You have bound
When by Your grace You set me free! 


No comments: